Front Counter Services
Customer service is our top priority and our front counter schedule has been designed to minimize your wait time. With the exception of the sex offender registry, property pick-up and fingerprinting; front counter services are also available at our four community police stations in Coquitlam and Port Coquitlam. Please call ahead to confirm hours of operation.
Please note the following:
- Hours of availability.
The main detachment front counter is staffed Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturdays 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Sundays/holidays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. However, some services have limited hours of availability as noted below.
- The Coquitlam RCMP main detachment front counter is a cellphone free zone.
- Valid identification.
Applicants who can provide a valid combined BC Driver's Licence & Services Card do not need to provide a second piece of identification. Any applicant who does not provide a valid combined BC Driver's Licence & Services Card must present two pieces of government-issued identification. The first piece of ID must include the applicant’s name, birth date, signature and photo (i.e., driver's license, passport, BC ID Card). The second piece of ID must contain the applicant's name and birth date (i.e., BC Care Card, Birth Certificate, citizenship card).
- Identification that is not valid for front counter services.
SIN cards, credit cards, membership cards for any organization, transit passes, library cards.
- All front counter services are PST/GST exempt.
Services and Fees
Payment options for most services
- cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, certified cheque or money order (payable to the City of Coquitlam).
Police information check - PIC (formerly criminal record check)
- For employment (applicants must complete a PIC form)..........$65
- For volunteer work (applicants must submit a letter from a registered non-profit volunteer organization or agency and complete a PIC form)..........free
- If working or volunteering with the Vulnerable Sector (elderly, children, people with disabilities or addictions), the Vulnerable Sector portion of the PIC form must also be completed.
- Request a Police Information Check form by email.
Police certificate for foreign work visa ..........$65
Sex Offender Registry (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)..........free
Taxi/chauffeur permit ..........$65
Fingerprints (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 12 p.m./Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.)..........$65Please Note: an additional fee of $25 Federal processing
(certified cheque or money order payable to the Receiver General of Canada
) may be required.
Property pick-up (Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. & 1 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.)..........free