Dynamic police vehicles on display at this year’s Show 'N' Shine
2019-08-01 15:24 PDT
Coquitlam - Don’t miss this year’s Junior Mountie Police Academy’s Show ‘N’ Shine, Friday, August 16th. At this free, family-friendly interactive emergency response fair, first responders show off some of their lifesaving equipment, explain what the equipment does, and answer questions.
The event will be jam-packed with demonstrations, interactive displays, and information booths hosted by RCMP specialty sections as well as other public safety agencies such as Coquitlam Fire, BC Ambulance Service, Coquitlam Search and Rescue, and BC Sheriff Service.
- When: Friday, August 16th between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Where: Poirier Recreation and Leisure Complex (633 Poirier Street, Coquitlam)
Come by and get a close look at some of the specialized sections* that keep your community safe.
- Air One*, part of the RCMP's helicopter fleet will land between between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- Coquitlam Search and Rescue* volunteers and Mobile Command Centre.
- Volunteers from the Community Police Station's Child ID program will be on hand to fingerprint children.
- The Coquitlam Marine/Rural unit* will have the police boat on display.
Many other RCMP police vehicles will be on display, including the Coquitlam RCMP patrol boat and mobile command vehicle.
The Coquitlam RCMP invites the media to attend the 2019 Junior Mountie Academy to see them in action. During the 5-day camp, this year's cadets will find out what it's like to process a crime scene, conduct a vehicle stop and learn about pedestrian safety. When: Wednesday, August 14th from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
- Where: Poirier Recreation and Leisure Complex (633 Poirier Street, Coquitlam).
- How: As the camp is in a secure facility, ask for Cst. Jenifer Barker, Media Relations Officer at the front counter for access.
*Due to the nature of police work, some operational police vehicles may be not available if they are needed for an emergency elsewhere*
- Date modified: