CompStat Alert June 21 - July 4, 2017
2017-06-22 09:29 PDT
Overview of CompStat Hotspots
Click on map for larger image.
For more information on CompStat Alerts, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
Coquitlam/Port Coquitlam: Dewdney Trunk Rd in the north to Como Lake Ave in the south and Lougheed Hwy (Hwy 7) in the west to the Coquitlam River in the east. (Click on map for larger image.)
Criminal activity in this hotspot during the reporting time frame:
- Break-in home under renovation.
- Break-in to residential garages.
- Theft from vehicles.
- Safety & prevention tips.
Tips for protecting yourself against crimes listed above:
Break and enter to homes under renovation:
- Install a quality security system and use it.
- Ensure the outside of the home is well lit and there are clear site lines from the street.
Break and enter to residential garages:
- Close and lock garage doors.
- Avoid leaving garage door openers in vehicles parked on the street or driveway.
- Keep the outside of the garage well lit.
- Lock vehicle doors and close windows.
- Take your garage opener out of your vehicle when it’s parked on the street. If stolen, your garage door opener gives thieves access to the contents of your garage and potentially to your home.
- Don't leave briefcases, purses and backpacks that may contain wallets, identification, laptops, cell phones and other valuables unattended in your vehicle. Not even for a moment. Not even locked in your trunk or glove box. You never know when a criminal is around looking for an opportunity. But you can rest assured that thieves know to check the trunk and glove box if they don't see anything out in the open.
- Don't leave your valet key, spare key or house keys inside the vehicle.
- Find out more ways to protect yourself from vehicle crime.
If you see something...say something
The Coquitlam RCMP urges area residents to call 604-945-1550 to report anything suspicious and to call 9-1-1 to report crime in progress. The information you provide to us, no matter how minor it seems to be, is very valuable and we need your help to keep our community safe.
Visit our website for information on joining Coquitlam RCMP's Block Watch.
- Date modified: